Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Gingerbread Cafe Au Lait


Today it is windy and raining, just not a great day for doing anything outside. I decided that today would be a great day to do some crafts, catch up on watching vlogmas videos on youtube and working on other tasks. Then, this afternoon I decided that I needed something really special. I then remembered some gingerbread syrup for coffee that I had in my refrigerator. It dawned on me to make a latte to have alongside my gingerbread men. However, my latte machine died this summer, so a latte was out of the question. Then next option was a cafe au lait.

 I learned to makes these over a decade ago. You take scalded milk and add it to strong coffee. So, while I put some milk in a small saucepan on medium heat to warm, I added a spoonful of the gingerbread syrup to the bottom of my mug and poured hot coffee, halfway filling the mug. Then, I blended the two. Gingerbread syrup is not my creation. I discovered it on a blog that I follow a few years ago. It is amazing stuff and is perfect for this time of year. It can be found here: http://kellishouse.blogspot.com/search?q=GIngerbread+Coffee. The article also has amazing recipes for a few other gingerbread related treats. My favorite is the gingerbread biscotti- seriously!

Once the milk starts to simmer to the point that little bubbles are forming on the sides of the pot, it is time to remove the pan and carefully pour the milk into the coffee. I then topped it off with whipped cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg!


This is spectacular with my gingerbread men! Now, I will enjoy some Christmas tv episodes. Have you seen the Miranda Christmas episode or The Vicar Of Dibley Christmas specials? They make me laugh, especially Miranda Hart, she is a hoot! At any rate, I'm about to get festive!
Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...