Sunday, December 7, 2014

Recycled Christmas Card Ornaments


Each Christmas, I receive many beautiful Christmas cards. When the holidays have past and I'm taking down the decor, I find it difficult to part with some of the cards. Some of these cards are far too pretty to toss away! Traditionally, I go through the cards and tuck some away, some for sentiment, others for aesthetic reasons. I always tell myself that, one day, these cards with be used for something creative. Today, I'm finally finding a way to use some of the cards.

I've decided to make some Christmas ornaments. For the project, I'll be using: glue, ribbon, lace ribbon, an old shipping envelope and Christmas cards.


First, I cut out portions of the cards (front and back) that I want to use.


Next, I trace the shape of the card cut-outs onto the envelopes.


Then, I cut out the shapes from the envelopes and I trim the excess.


Then, I cut out the holiday greetings from the cards.


I glued the greetings to the back part of the ornament.


After I've cut the ribbon to the desired length, I glue one end to one side of the envelope piece and glue the other end to the opposite side of the envelope piece.


Next, I glued the lace along the perimeter of the square and I applied glue to the surface of the envelope piece.


Finally, I glued my selected pieces onto the front and back of the envelope piece. I set the ornaments aside to dry. In order to keep the card piece from curling, I placed a heavy book on top of the ornaments; making certain to protect the book from the glue.

That is my ornament project. This year, I'll be keeping an eye on any pretty cards sent my way. Tomorrow, my post will be return at it's regular time. Today, I needed to recover from traveling and I couldn't relax until I cleaned my dwelling. I continue to remain festive this week, and I'll be baking and crafting, still. I will share my cheer with you each day. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...