Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Getting In The Christmas Mood

This tree almost looks like a Christmas tree!

The night before Thanksgiving, whilst I was busy baking pies and making candy, we were visited by a Nor'Easter. The whole night, I kept telling myself that the storm wouldn't hinder my ability to travel the next day and it did not.  By the time the morning arrived, the storm had dwindled to a light flurry and the road clean-up crews had spent the night working tirelessly to make travels safe. I was able to travel to the western part of the state to spend the holidays with my sisters. The storm left behind a winter wonderland to welcome December. 


Back in October, I took a photo of this very sign that I'd made for my nephews. The way the snow rested on this sign is dreamy. Only Hogwarts and Narnia are visible; it's kind of perfect.


The other day was a perfectly beautiful day for walking in the forest. It almost looks like Narnia..


A snow angel that my nephew left behind.

Over the week, I was so busy preparing for Thanksgiving, that my Youtube watch later list grew longer and longer. Now, I'm trying to catch up before I begin watching all of the Vlogmas videos. I watch the Vlogmas videos each year; they really do help me get in the holiday spirit. Vlogmas, is something that some Youtube vloggers participate in, where they post a vlog every day leading up to Christmas. Many of the vlogs involve baking, shopping and crafting ideas. Martha Stewart has a Youtube channel that is also full of inspiring videos. 
Here is a list of Youtubers I follow who will be part of Vlogmas:
Jim Chapman/ EveryDayJim
FleurDeVlog
Tanya Burr
Lily Pebbles
There might be other vloggers that I follow who will also participate, but I have yet to know.

Another way to get into the holiday mood is music. I compiled a song list a few months ago for Christmas. My Christmas song list can be found on Spotifyhttps://play.spotify.com/user/1216509636/playlist/1FlPoIr3WrGxdzhqqRFqGv

My list has a little something for everyone, most of the songs I selected are songs from my childhood. There is nothing like nostalgia or sentiment during the holidays!

In case you still feel uninspired, there's videos on Youtube, Hulu and Netflix to enjoy and you can always find inspiration in abundance on Pinterest!


I hope this helps you to get in the mood for holiday cheer! I'll be back tomorrow for more December goodness. If you want more Ladytoesocks fun, you can find my page on Facebook- Lady Toesocks and you can find me on Twitter @ladytoesocks. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

2 comments:

  1. It's so lovely there, I love your snow! I'm already i the mood, so much so that every once in a while I dread it all being over. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are in the festive spirit! Enjoy your week, too!

    ReplyDelete

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...