Monday, December 22, 2014

Peppermint Mocha

I took three days off from blogging to catch up on a lot of work and to take a bit of a break to rest. I had so much wrapping and cleaning to do. I had to do so much shopping and I wanted to spend time with friends, that blogging needed to take a rest.  I've noticed that a lot of people are getting 24 hour bugs or terrible colds and I wanted to be certain to give myself some rest when my body told me that I needed it. If I ignore the need, I get sick. Today was no different. I shopped, cleaned and wrapped some more and tomorrow will be more of the same. I just want to be able to relax on Christmas Eve; which means a lot of hard work and preparation now.

I did take a little bit of time to make some nice treats in order to stay in the spirit of the season. This evening, as I write this,  I'm relaxing with a Christmas episode of Doctor Who and sipping on delightful peppermint mocha. Before I sat down to post, I made myself the tasty drink and it was ridiculously easy to do!

Here is how it's done:


1. Scald one cup of milk and pour into a large mug.


2. To the milk, add one teaspoon of cocoa powder and whisk until foamy.


3. Pour hot, strong coffee into the milky mixture and whisk, again.


4. Place a peppermint stick into the hot drink. The stick will melt, depositing sugary peppermint goodness throughout the mocha!


5. Top off with a generous mound of whipped cream; it's been a long week and you deserve it!


This drink pairs nicely with a chocolate cupcake; especially when the cake has festive sprinkles!

This drink tastes amazing, I love the combination of flavors. I almost feel a bit pampered and a bit naughty drinking it, but not too much. Tomorrow will involve more crazy shopping and cleaning. However, I will also be crafting and baking and I"ll share all of that with you!
Until then~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...