Monday, December 1, 2014

Cookie Of The Week: Chocolate Truffle Decadence Cookie


It's December 1st, which begins the countdown to the big day. As I've mentioned in recent posts, I intend to post each day leading to Christmas. I've decided that each Monday I'd feature a cookie of the week. Today's cookie is the Chocolate Truffle Decadence Cookie. I found this recipe four years ago when I was searching for classic New England recipes. I've found a few fantastic websites that are dedicated to New England cuisine, many of the recipes are from restaurants and inns throughout New England and they offer many authentic recipes. Among the recipes, I discovered this gem. According to the website, the recipe came from the Glen Oaks Inn, located in Intervale, NH. The recipe can be found at this site: www.theheartofnewengland.com/food/cookies/cookie-tour-glen-oaks-inn-truffle-decadance.html


First, I cubed some butter. Then, I beat a few eggs and added orange juice to the eggs. Then, I combined the dry ingredients in a separate bowl.


I added the butter to the dry mixture.


Using a potato masher, I cut the butter into the dry mixture until the masher couldn't blend anymore. Then, I finished the blending with my hands. My little nephew was happy to help me with this part.


To the dry mixture, I added the egg mixture and blended until I had dough.


The dough had to set in a refrigerator for 30 minutes before it could be formed into cookies.


Using an ice cream scoop, I scooped the dough into walnut sized balls and rolled the dough in powdered (confectioner's) sugar. 


I doubled the original recipe, after which produced two dozen cookies. These are so delicious with coffee and are dense like a brownie. I highly recommend these cookies.

Later, I'll be making a coconut layer cake for my sister. It is her favorite cake that I make for her. I usually make it for her birthday, but this year we missed it. So, today she'll get her cake and she will be making Pad Thai. So, it's a win-win for the both of us. I love this time of year! To stay updated on my silliness, you can find me on Facebook on my Lady Toesocks page. You can also find me on Twitter @ladytoesocks to see some more of my random thoughts. I'll be posting again tomorrow and I can't wait! Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...