Friday, December 5, 2014

Candy Of The Week: Snickers Fudge

A few years ago, I visited Salem, MA. with my parents. One place that I like to visit when I go there is a little candy shop that has been in Salem since the 1700's. I love looking at all of the handmade candy and the copper kettle that was originally used to make candy when the business began. I never walk out of there without indulging in some treat. The last time I visited, we bought fudge. I was a little apprehensive about getting fudge, because many shops never make it the way that I like it. I took a chance that day and I bought "Snickers Fudge." As I sat on a bench, nibbling away, I was totally amazed at how delicious the fudge was. I decided that I would try to make some myself, some day. That day was today! I found several recipes on Pinterest. The one I liked the most was found on "Six Sisters Stuff" blog the link to the recipe is here: http://www.sixsistersstuff.com/2012/12/snickers-fudge.html This is a very easy recipe to follow.

This is the second step of the candy making process, the nougat. The first step will be repeated last. I didn't take photos of the nougat making step, because it involved cooking ingredients that could easily scorch if left unattended. This is a very easy step and the results are tasty!


After the second step, I set the first layer outside to chill. While that was happening, I made the caramel sauce with caramels, butter and whipping cream. The original recipe didn't call for whipping cream, but I didn't have evaporated milk, so I substituted it with whipping cream. I added butter for extra richness and to help the caramel blend better with the cream.


The end result was a delicious sauce.


This is the caramel layer, after it is poured on top of the nougat layer.


This is the final step in the candy making process- melting chocolate chips and peanut butter, together, in the microwave.


This is what the chocolate and peanut butter looked like once it was blended. This was also used in the first step; thus, creating a shell.



The peanut butter and chocolate sauce was poured on top of the caramel sauce and gently spread evenly. Then, the candy was set in a refrigerator to solidify for one hour.


This just might be the tastiest homemade candy I've had in a long time. This would be a big hit at any holiday party. Beware: this is very rich and should be cut in small pieces. I cut the pieces in 1 1/2 inch squares and I had to cut it in half to split with my sister. If you like chocolate and you like to make candy for the holidays, give this a shot- it's so easy!

There might be another storm coming my way soon, I hope not, as I intend to travel over the weekend. Soon, more crafting with ensue! Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...