Friday, January 5, 2018

Enduring Blizzards, Fighting Colds and Navigating My Way To The New Year


If you hadn't noticed. I took a much-needed break from blogging. I usually love to write during the Fall months and the many holidays that I celebrate from October to January. This year was far too exhausting for me to do any of that. I was trying my best to stay healthy so that I could enter the New Year refreshed and ready for new adventures. I made it through Christmas, which was a challenge, and just a few days later I started to feel sick. I am still recovering.
I got my white Christmas, it was beautiful but stressful. I was very worried that family wouldn't be able to make it to celebrate the holiday. My husband spent most of the morning snow throwing the driveway, while I arranged presents and helped him with the dinner preparations. Fortunately, the kids and my in-laws made it safely and it was a good day.
When it came time to celebrate Christmas with my parents and my sister families, I was feeling pretty rubbish, but I still had fun. I was hoping to post about my goals for the new year. I am not one to make resolutions, but I do like to try new things each year. So, here are some things that I wish to strive for in the year 2018, in no particular order... I want to enjoy more of what I have. I am a youtube junkie. I have been for years. I prefer to watch beauty bloggers, tutorials, etc. I also like a few lifestyle channels and I really like Dollar Tree videos. I know, it's weird. I recently cut back on my subscription feed and I only follow a few beauty bloggers and a couple ladies who do crafts with Dollar Tree supplies. The problem with being a Youtube junkie is the fact that you have so much product exposure. You see a woman using a new eyeshadow palette of a foundation and you suddenly need to get it. Even though you already have half a dozen eyeshadow palettes. The videos are fun to watch, but they are so seductive. Therefore, I've decided to watch less of those videos and only watch specific vloggers and I also decided to focus on the makeup I already have and work with that.
I have also decided to use my cookbooks more. I have so many cookbooks and binders with printed recipes. So, instead of hopping on one of my Pinterest boards in search or recipes, I am going to use my cookbooks. I also want to find new recipes to try in my cookbook library.
I have also begun using a new binder/planner and I think that it will be much more helpful to keep my life organized. I will post more about that later.
That about sums up everything that I wanted to touch base on with my 2018 goals. In other news, we had another blizzard plow through yesterday. All day long I was worried that the power would go out. The thought was terrifying as there has been a wave of below freezing temperatures lately. I made certain to have extra water in the refrigerator, plenty of candles and make-shift space heaters, flashlights, matches, extra blankets, and a clean kitchen. Fortunately, the power never did go out, but I didn't get much sleep last night because I spent the majority of the night checking to see if the power was still on. With any luck, I will sleep better tonight.
I am excited about all the new things I want to try out and all of the old hobbies that I want to get back into again. I will write more in-depth about various gols for this year over the next few weeks and more as they come. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

2 comments:

  1. I'm definitely feeling the need for a planner as well. There's just something about writing something down that works so much better than a phone app.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out my new post, it will give you plenty of ideas!

    ReplyDelete

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...