Sunday, September 27, 2009

A Quiet Weekend

So, no image posted for today. I'm still trying to get into the swing of things.. and I am getting better at this. However, I lost my voice this last Friday afternoon. Over the weekend I have been slowly getting it back. I've been drinking lots of liquids and swallowing teaspoons of honey to coat my throat. It has been an interesting process hearing my voice at different stages of healing. On Friday, it began after lunch ( just before I was going to teach an art lesson) and it sounded crackly. By the time I got home I could barely speak at all it was more like a strained whisper. Then, on Saturday when I woke up and bid Merlin a good morning, my voice sounded like a goose trying to speak like a human. I thought it was actually quite funny. By the time I got to the evening, I was sounding like Marge Simpson's sister Patty..."Could I please speak to Marge?........Marge, please." So, this morning, when I got up, I was crackling my voice. It's a bit better now, still gritty sounding. I'm talking as little as possible and I may only go to school for a half day so that I can rest my voice. I'm worried that if I jump back into things before I'm healed that I'll fall back and make my voice bad again. Even then, who knows?

Well, It's a rainy Sunday, so I decided to watch the movie Coraline in 3-D. It was very cute. I really like the rag dolls in the movie, since I make rag dolls. Now, I'm taking it easy and I'm doing laundry. There is something comforting about the warmth of a dryer and the smell of dryer sheets. I think I may make a craft and then read. I might even re-organize my bedroom.. I don't want to get too crazy on a Sunday, but I guess it all depends on what I'm it the mood for. I hope to post some of my crafty stuff soon. Also, I'll be baking again soon too, when my voice is better. I hope you all enjoy what is left of your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...