Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Bratwurst Stew


Today is the official first full day of Fall and I am so excited! The air today was warm for this time of year, but soon the chill will arrive.
The other day, I went on the Internet to find a recipe for Bratwurst Stew. A few years ago, I discovered the wonders of the bratwurst. I have since tried to find multiple uses for it, since I'm still so new to it. I have found a few recipes that are new favorites. In my effort to find the right stew recipe, I found aspects of various recipes that I liked, but not one single thing came to be right. So, I combined my favorite ingredients from other recipes and added a few touches of my own, and it was terrific. I reminded me a lot of an Italian sausage soup I've had once before.
This soup was fantastic on a cold day!
In other news.. the season premier of Being Erica was on last night and I was really surprised by the outcome of last seasons cliff hanger. I just love that show, it reminds me so much of my teen and college years. I do hope to find that show on DVD soon. I know that it is being sold on the CBC shop, so maybe I'll go that route. I'm almost finished with reading "An Old Fashioned Girl" by Louisa May Alcott. It's a sweet story for any reader, but an interesting book for someone who happens to be a fan of L.M. Montgomery's writing. Certain things in the book make me wonder if Montgomery was influenced by Alcott. I'll have to research it and see. For me it's neato, for others it's a boring subject. These sorts of things interest me though.
That is all I have to say for now. I hope to update soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...