Saturday, May 16, 2015

Loving The Wet n' Wild Limited Edition Coloricon Blush & Glow Trio



On occasion, I will share some of my favorite makeup, old and new. I am not sponsored to do so, in this instance, I bought these materials myself. Many of my girlfriends like makeup, but lack to time to research makeup products. This is when I come in  handy. I am always excited to share my enthusiasm and opinions on products. So, when I saw other bloggers raving about these limited edition face trios from Wet n' Wild, I couldn't wait to get my hands on one. I purchased mine at Rite Aid for $3.99.


I've been using the Wet n' Wild Coloricon bronzers for a while, now. They are huge, the size of my palm. I have them in (739) Ticket to Brazil and (743A) Reserve Your Cabana. Ticket to Brazil is the perfect bronzer shade for my skin tone, it isn't too orange, nor is it shimmery. Reserve Your Cabana is hardly a bronzer, I use it as a highlight and it is beautiful. These are long lasting and blend beautifully. My favorite part about these bronzers is the smell. When you open them, they smell like suntan lotion, it is so dreamy. These are wonderful on dreary January days, the smell of these take me away to a tropical island, for a few moments. The only downside to these is the size- great when you want a lot of product, a pain when you want to travel. These take up so much space in your makeup bag. This is another reason why I wanted to try the Blush & Glow Trio; I thought that it would be handy to have blush, highlighter and bronzer all in one container. I already have the elf Contouring Blush and Bronzer, which is great for travel, but the bronzer is a better eye shadow on me, than a bronzer.


I wanted to compare the bronzer and highlighter from the Blush & Glow Trio to the bronzers that I already had. On the left is a swatch for Reserve Your Cabana. On the right is a swatch from Blush & Glow Trio in Fair Trade Coffee. Reserve Your Cabana is a more vanilla almond shade, whereas the highlighter from F.T.C. is more of a champagne pearl. The highlighter in the Trio is beautiful, very shimmery; it reminds me of a Revlon  powder highlighter that I had back in 2000. Used with a light hand, it would make a very pretty highlighter and it could also be used on the lids for a pretty shadow.


Here, I swatched the bronzers. The swatch on the left is from Ticket to Brazil, the swatch on the right is from the trio Fair Trade Coffee. They are very similar, I really have a hard time telling them apart. It is a nice, warm bronzer; perfect for a summer glow.


I also swatched the blush. This is a very bubblegum pink blush. It may seem like it is too pink for a cheek color, but used lightly, it is very pretty. These powders are very smooth and have little fall out.
The only disappointing part about this trio is that they don't smell like the Coloricon Bronzers- no dreamy suntan lotion. That is not a huge loss, these will be great for travel. I have no regrets.


The Blush & Glow Trios come in three shades- Sunset Junction, Solar Powered and Fair Trade Coffee. I chose Fair Trade Coffee, because it was cooler than the other trios. All of the trios look lovely and each are unique. You could get all three for very little money. For $3.99 these are very much worth the price. However, they are limited edition. So, if you want these, you should try to snag them before they are gone. I have found, from previous experience, that the limited edition lines are removed from the shelves at the end of the season. When the summer time approaches, these might already be gone. Then, you can't find them and it's a bummer. I've seen these at drugstores, and they are likely sold wherever you find Wet n'Wild products. I saw the limited edition eye shadows at Kmart, drugstores, and Christmas Tree Shop. So, if you can't find them in one store, there are other alternatives to seek these out. Good Luck! Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...