Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Taking It Easy On A Rainy Day


I took this photo when I was out on a walk with Fred, the other day, That was very warm and it was bright and sunny. I certainly could not resist a lovely stroll with my canine companion. The fresh air and sunshine was good for the soul.



As hot as it was on that day, I needed chocolate chip cookies. I just had to have them. So, I pulled out the trust Betty Crocker cookbook and baked that best cookies ever. I grew up with this cookbook and I use it for practically everything. This cookbook was my home textbook from which I studied numerous recipes , starting at the age of 8, and it never has failed me. These cookies are so delicious and comforting to eat.

Today is a different story, It is slightly cold, damp and rainy. I am sleep deprived, because I stayed up way too late listening to old Boyzone and Girls Aloud songs (it was one of those days), and my dog likes to get up at sunrise. I am at my desk with a big mug of hot cocoa with whipped cream and Steven & Chris is on in the background. I know that I should keep working on a sewing project, but I've decided to work on that a little at a time. Plus, I have a big bucket of Wet n' Wild nail polish on my desk, inches from my face and it is very distracting.




I've been working on making curtains for my Dad. He needed curtains for his "man cave" and I already had this fabric on hand. These are really simple panels that I am going to attach to a rod with ring-clips. I decided to work on it a little at a time so that I wouldn't get bored with it. Recently, I have been inspired by so many things and I have so many ideas for projects, that I have to write everything down to keep track of it all. Then, when I visit Pinterest, it is even worse, the site has so many resources for inspiration. With all of this whirling in the head, it is hard to focus. I do hope that I am able to get more of things that I want to do, soon, I have a big pile of jeans that I will be repurposing for a number of crafts, very soon. So, keep an eye out for that, there should be posts on those projects in June. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...