Sunday, May 24, 2015

A Relaxing Memorial Day Weekend


It is a three day weekend here. I thought that I would thoroughly enjoy the moment. On Friday, I made biscuits, using the recipe on the back of the Bakewell Creme tin. This recipe makes huge biscuits and I only need a few for dinner. The rest were dedicated to homemade strawberry shortcake. I adore strawberry shortcake, the fresh strawberries and the sweet juice that is produced when you combine strawberries and sugar is pure magic. Strawberries piled on top of a biscuit with a huge mound of whipped cream, it's simply fabulous. This delight was pure bliss. I was riding on a high, and then I watched Orphan Black and I received a swift kick in the gut. Sigh.


Fortunately, this morning was bright and sunny. It was much warmer than yesterday, but with a slight breeze to keep things comfortable. So, I took Fred to the lake to play in the grass.


Then, Fred decided to take a little dip in the water. I can't believe how clear the water is now. It was a much murkier lake when I was a little girl. Now, it is beautiful and filled with life.


Still, no sign of the loon. Since it is the start of the summer season, the lake was very active today, I'm certain the loon was hiding on the other side... avoiding the boats.


In the afternoon, I set out to work in the garden. It is tilling time, so I was clearing the excessive debris that resurfaces after a run-through. The air smelled of honeysuckle and apple blossom; the fragrance would have made "Anne Shirley" swoon.


Spread throughout the yard are wild strawberry blossoms and these little blue flowers, I positively love wildflowers!
Now, I'm home after working in the garden, running errands and doing a bit of rose rescue (the indoor miniature rose was looking unwell) I now have on my lounge pants and a there's mug of coffee at my desk. I am done for the day. I still have some writing to do. I'd like to tidy up a little corner in my room and I'd really like to enjoy a pedicure. The night is still young, so I'll see how it all works out. Tomorrow morning, I'll go to the parade, then visit family and I will not do any yard work. It will be a very, very relaxing, but reflective time. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...