Thursday, May 14, 2015

Enjoying The Outdoors On a Beautiful Sunny Day


My day began bright and early, at 6:30 am, with the sun shining through my curtains. Fred was very eager to start his day. After our morning ritual, some black coffee and breakfast, I agreed to go play outside. Yesterday, I noticed the lovely dandelions spreading across the yard. Ordinarily, I am not so excited by these weeds, I'd rather have buttercups. However, after such a long winter, the sight of bright yellow dandelions is a delight, This morning, a bumble bee was hovering from weed to weed.


I took Fred for a walk, he was very keen to explore the neighborhood. We went to the boat docks at the lake and we spotted a loon swimming nearby.


Fred was very curious about the loon, and a bit nervous about it, too. I am very excited to see her back.


This is how clear the water is, now. I love taking photos of rocks underwater, it allows you to see their true colors. Being that I am a bit of a geology nerd, rocks make me happy.


Next to the lake is a dam that is between the lake and the river. If you look closely, all of those squiggles are fish. There is also a ladder which allows the fish to safely swim into the lake. There are so many fish there! Fred was not impressed, he wanted to keep walking, so I had to stop taking photos are continue on with the adventure.


Later, I went to a neighborhood yard sale. My besties sister hosts a large yard sale each Spring and I think she has a few over the summer. This is the first yard sale of the season. Between now and leaf peeping season, the area will be filled with weekend yard sales. I love going to these, because you never know what treasures you'll find. In the photo above is a tin collection. I have a thing about decorative tins. I almost went home with a Harrod's tea tin. I might have to go back for it tomorrow, if it's still there. I was searching for a container to house my NYC lipstick collection for my desktop. I keep most of my lipstick in a Godiva chocolate box. I like to keep the NYC lipstick on my desk, because that is the lipstick that I wear most often. My desk doubles as my vanity (temporarily). Alas, I failed to find what I was looking for. After the yard sale, I visited my friendly local thrift shop and found just what I needed

I finished the day with a little garden work, with Fred looking on. I planted some strawberry plants in a hanging pot and I placed the crocus along with all of the other bulbs. This garden is going to be amazing this year! Now that the day is done, I think I'll eat something chocolatey and watch izombie. Hopefully, tomorrow I will be more domestic. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...