Thursday, May 21, 2015

The Evasive Loon Of The Lake and Wild Violets


Today was another fantastic day full of sunshine. Fred was eager to go for a mid-morning walk, and I was happy to oblige him. I took him the the lakefront and the loon was there, I didn't expect to see the loon, so I made the mistake of speaking to Fred. Then, I saw the loon get into the water and drift away. Before I had a chance to turn on my camera, the loon went under water. It is amazing how long they can go under and when they do come up, they are much farther away. I had the opportunity to get a great shot and missed it.


I tried to get a few more shots of the loon, but you can hardly see it in these photos. Hopefully, I can go back tomorrow, with camera ready and happen upon the loon again. Maybe, if I stay nice and quiet, I won't disturb it and then I can get some nice images. I'll try to go before breakfast, before all of the traffic and noise.




This afternoon, I was in the backyard, inspecting the garden. It appears that the irises with soon be appearing, the herbs are coming along and I have wild violets growing under my maple tree. This was totally unexpected; a first that I can recall. While I was taking photos of the flowers, I could hear a squirrel chattering away in the maple tree, above me. I guess the squirrel doesn't want me messing with "his" garden.
It is such a relief to finally be able to enjoy some nice weather. I was happy that we had a few days of rain, it was good for the garden. It gave me the chance to binge on Netflix. I wanted to watch some more episodes from season 3 of Moone Boy on hulu.com. Unfortunately, the rest of the season is only available on hulu plus. I'm pretty darn perturbed about that. All of the other seasons are available for free. I had hulu plus and I didn't like it. So, I'm going to wait for the season to be picked up by PBS. To quote Martin Moone, "BALLS!" That is all. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...