Saturday, May 30, 2015

The Wacky Weather Made Me Do It

So, I haven't sat down to write a post all week. I've been meaning to, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. All week, the weather has switched from torrential downpours, crackling electrical storms and bright sunny days. It was tricky planning out my projects, with the weather so out of sorts. On top of that, I somehow managed to injure my ankle and I had to take it easy and keep my ankle elevated. This left me sitting at my desk, watching endless youtube videos from SUPERFRUIT, a smattering of drag queen makeup tutorials (gives so much insight and perspective) and binging on the ABCFamily show Chasing Life on Netflix.



I had a few delightful moments when I sat in the sun with a great friend, sipping cold cider and soaking up the sun. Surrounding my neighborhood are lilacs in bloom. Whenever I step outside, I am swept up by the intoxicating perfume and it is terribly calming.


Today, was another hot day. I'd like to work on repairing a quilt, but it's too hot. I want to organize my work space, but again- too hot. I did manage to learn how to mow the lawn today. I'm on the fence on how I feel about that.

In an effort to complete some tasks, I am at my desk, listening to a bad boy band song list that I created on Spotify, with my ear bud in, and hoping to stay focused. I'm not sure if the black coffee is helping, but I like it nonetheless.

So, about this song list, some of the music is sugary sweet, while other songs are really dirty and yet the background music all sounds very similar...the 90's were amazing for that. The temperature is cooling down and with any luck I'll complete my tasks in time to steady my mind and indulge in some Orphan Black; which by the way, RIPPED OUT MY HEART last Saturday night, sigh. Thank goodness it's just a tv show, but you really do get attached to some characters. Such is life.

This coming week will be filled with a boat load of projects, rain or shine. If it gets too hot, I'll turn on a fan..... that's how I roll! Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...