Thursday, February 5, 2015

It's Finally February...Six More Weeks of Winter



At last, at last, February has arrived! January was so dreary and it seemed to last longer than it did. February is here; the first week has been dominated by snowstorms, but I'm just happy that January is over. So, what have I been doing the first week of February? I've been doing a lot of waiting. I've been waiting for shipments to arrive and anxiously waiting for other things. Waiting for a fun package, such as books, can be fun, but also very aggravating when you don't have a useful tracking number. I love the handy tracking number, I enjoy the thrill of stalking a package and seeing how close it gets to arrival. When I'm given a tracking number that is a bit of a dud, it isn't as fun waiting for the arrival. Also, when a package arrives later than expected, it makes it difficult to write a blog post. I digress....

For the first week of February, I've been held up in my lair. All of this snow has made me a bit grumpy. Also, with some things on my mind, I haven't been sleeping properly, so I've been very tired. I have recently acquired the first and the third book of the "Emily" trilogy. I already had the second book, but I needed the other two. "Emily" is another Lucy Maud Montgomery character. Her full name is "Emily Byrd Starr" and she lives at New Moon in Blair Water, PEI. This particular character reminds me a lot of L.M. Montgomery, herself. My favorite Montgomery heroines are "Anne Shirley," "Emily Starr" and "Pat Gardiner." These girls have similar personalities and the books they are featured in have a nice variety of characters.

There was a tv series based on the "Emily" books; well, loosely based on the books. I have the series on DVD and I like the series, although I do wish they had stuck to the story. I really do love the "Emily" trilogy and I wanted to get the other books to add to my Montgomery collection. I nearly have all of her books now. Some, I have on my Kindle, but I'd like to get the physical books, too.


I have been reading the books this week and cuddling with Fred. Frederick doesn't like to be away from me. He is much like "Isis" on Downton Abbey, always at "Lord Grantham's" side (when permitted), but Fred is far more babied. He really likes to be held cradled like a baby. I have a bad habit of taking off my pull-over sweaters and placing them at the foot of my bed. Fred sees this as the perfect opportunity to make a cozy nest with warm sweaters that smell like me. This wouldn't bother me as much, if my sweaters were not cashmere. It's really my fault for not putting them away. Oh well, were I in his paws, I'd do the same.

I have more packages arriving this week and next, I hope to be able to play with the new toys, get crafty and share more projects with you soon. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...