Tuesday, February 17, 2015

A Fabulous Facial On A Frosty Day


If you live in the north, you can take a peek outside your window and see all kinds of white. I see an obscene amount of snow (with more on the way, apparently) and so many icicles that the entire outdoors looks like a death trap. Sigh. Over the past two weeks I haven't been getting good sleep. I mostly catnap at night, now. When I do manage to get some sleep I have nightmares, without fail. As a result, I am exhausted all day long. At this point, I think I have so much coffee running through my system, it's enough to make a barrista blush.

The lack of sleep is very draining. The constant dry air and sleep deprivation is making my skin totally freak out one me. I need a relaxing facial. This is how I do it. First, I begin with relaxing music. For some this would be something like Enya or New Agey soulful sounds of angels type of thing. I prefer Take That! Next, I light a candle. I nice smelling candle and the little flame help to create a sense of calm. Then, I put on something warm, loose and cozy....hello foxy yoga pants! At last, I am ready to begin my facial.

So, I gather my supplies 1) an exfoliating scrub, 2) a clarifying mask, 3) a serum and moisturizer combo. 4) a facial sauna ( a snazzy Conair machine that produces nice steam for the face) and then I begin the business of bliss.

Before I begin the steam, I use my Freeman Facial Polishing Mask to exfoliate the skin on my face. This is mask that has sugar and charcoal in it. However, I think it works great as an exfoliator. The sugar paste is more gentle on my skin than a scrub that has crushed seeds or pits in it. Once my skin is buffed and all of the dead skin is removed, my skin is ready for steam. I use the facial sauna for 10 minutes. My sauna has a timer on it; so it's great. as I never have to worry about keeping track of time. Instead, I can drift away into British boy/man band goodness. Once the time is up, I immediately slap on the clay mask. I do this because I want to get the mask on while my pores are still open. That way, the clay mask can penetrate the skin better and suck the living life out of my skin.

Once the clay mask has dried, I rinse it off with warm water and then I use a damp hot cloth to rest on my face a bit in order to soothe my skin. Then, I pat on some Vitamin C serum and follow that up with my Vitamin E skin care cream. The Fruit Of The Earth Vitamin E Skin Care Cream is crazy stuff! This moisturizer is astonishingly inexpensive (I think I bought a two pack for around $3.00) and it is full of ingredients that I've found in high end moisturizers. The best part is, this stuff works! I like to use this at night, it even is great in the summer and I have oily skin! Seriously, I'm not getting paid to sing it's praises; I just love this stuff. At any rate, that is my facial routine. Once I've cleaned up the mess I made, I usually enjoy a nice chamomile tea or some hot cocoa. This pamper time is a great way for me to soothe whatever ails me.

In a couple of days I am having another girl day with the bestie. It is very much needed. I can't remember the last time we've been able to get together. I think it's been a couple of months, at least. It will be nice to do girly things and have good coffee! Maybe a bit of girl time will mellow me out and then I'll be able to sleep again. Hmm, I'll see how that works out. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...