Sunday, February 22, 2015

Northanger Abbey and Calligraphy On A Sunday Afternoon


Last night, we were visited by yet another massive snow storm. When I took Fred outside this morning, I was met with snow all around; inches of snow waiting to be plowed into the ever growing mound. At this point the snow in the back yard is at level with the porch; which is above 2 feet in height. I saw all of the snow, reminded myself that we have five more weeks of winter and with a sigh carried on with my morning. I wished to bake today, but decided that, instead, today would be a languorous day of wearing lounge pants, sipping hot cocoa and watching a cheesy movie.

The cheesy movie of which I write is the gem "Swamp Thing." A Wes Craven masterpiece from the early 1980's that for some inexplicable reason I was totally fascinated with as a young girl. I can't say how many times I watched the movie when I was very small. I had not watched the movie in at least 20, if not 30 years, until I stumbled upon it on hulu.com.  I saved the movie to my queue and decided to watch it today. With a mug full of black coffee and a Rice Krispy treat (yep, I'm still working on them) I sat down to watch the movie. I don't I've laughed so much in a long while. The movie is ridiculous, and that is why I love it!

After watching the silly sci-fi movie, I felt the need to cleanse the soul. So, I switched to the itv version of "Northanger Abbey" which is also on hulu.com. This version stars Felicity Jones, J.J. Field and Carey Mulligan- all young actors I've seen in many other productions that I adore. Although I have The Complete Novels Of Jane Austen I have yet to read the story. After watching the film, I feel that I'll really enjoy reading it. It would be interesting to see if the movie was true to the novel. I've seen some wonderful film adaptations of other Austen novels, and I have seen a few terrible versions, too. However, I can't resist a Jane Austen novel and, usually, I gush over a good Austen-based movie.


After I was done with that, I decided to take out my new stationery supplies and play with my new rubber stamps and look over my calligraphy book. Tomorrow, I will resume the practice. It has been a few years since I've used a nib with ink. I think that it should be quite fun. Perhaps, tomorrow I shall bake something scrumptious- I feel as though I must. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...