Friday, January 30, 2015

A Productive Snow Day


The weather forecast advised that another winter storm was heading my way. This was going to be a mild, run of the mill kind of snow storm; nothing to be freaked out about.... nothing compared to Tuesday's blizzard. I decided that I was going to have an easy-going, yet productive day. It is very challenging for me to be productive if I am worried or anxious. When we had the blizzard, I was worried about losing power, that made it difficult to focus on tasks. So, I was determined to have a great snow day today. It began with an amazing breakfast. Back in October, I made homemade pumpkin butter. I divided the batch into five Rubbermaid containers and I kept them in the freezer. Yesterday, I took one container out to have on hand. When I wanted breakfast this morning, I decided to make oatmeal with cranberries and pumpkin butter. It was fantastic! I didn't need to add any sweetener, because the cranberries and pumpkin butter are already sweet. Plus, the pumpkin butter has wonderful spices, reminiscent of pumpkin pie. The combination of flavors just did it for me, it was a great way to start my day.


I recently discovered that some of my necklaces were terribly tarnished. Although I don't wear them often, I still like to keep them nice. So, I submerged my necklaces in warm water and added two denture tablets. I keep denture cleaning tablets for cleaning hard to clean objects. A big box of tablets are super cheap and they last a really long time. I set the cup aside and went about my day. An hour or so later, I checked in on the necklaces and added an extra tablet. Ten minutes later, I cleaned up the charms (picture 3), still not satisfied, I used Colgate Optic White to scrub the rest of the tarnish of and to polish the charms. The end result was super shiny silver necklaces!


I noticed that my skin was FREAKING OUT on me. At night I do baby my skin as much (if not more than) I do during the day. I drink water and I do what I can to keep my skin healthy. At some point in the winter, the dry furnace air finally starts to win the fight. My skin was a hot mess of dry patches, which made my skin try to compensate by producing more sebum. Ugh, long story short, dry skin= blocked pores, excessive sebum+ blocked pores= break outs. So, I have a awesome combination of dry patches and spots. I mean, really? So, I pulled out my secret weapon- Burt's Bees Diaper Ointment. I don't have kids, but I love this diaper ointment. I love multipurpose products. This stuff is fantastic for skin therapy. It is 100 % natural. It has soothing oils, like lavender and rosemary, plus it has zinc oxide. It is great to use as a base for stage makeup, as it prevents breakouts, and it makes it tremendously easy to remove heavy make-up. Also, it is great to use if you need white clown base. It is also fantastic for breakouts, I massaged a pea sized amount onto my face and blended. Since I wasn't leaving the house today, I didn't mind looking pale. Were I to go out with it on, I could have applied mineral make-up on top and I would look fine. It has made my face feel tremendously soft and I know that when I wake up tomorrow, My face will be so much better!


This afternoon, I decided to finally reorganize my desk drawers. I have been meaning to do it for a while, but dreaded the task. In an effort to make the project more fun, I decided to first make myself a treat. While I had coffee brewing, I went onto Pinterest to find mug cake recipes. I've dabbled with one once before, and it was a disaster. I found a better recipe this time, and I made a delicious molten chocolate mug cake. In the center was a mound of peanut butter and a mound of Reese's Chocolate Spread. This was SO tasty! The cake with coffee and Hart Of Dixie re-runs on Netflix helped me though and I managed to get my job done.

With many projects completed today, I think that I feel refreshed and relaxed. I think this weekend will be fabulous! If you want to make a delicious treat, I highly recommend searching for chocolate molten mug cakes on Pinterest and find one with a tasty peanut butter center. This cake was awesome. Tonight, I'll be able to watch a whole new episode of H.O.D. and enjoy some pizza; oh, I do love Friday! Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...