Monday, January 26, 2015

Preparing For Another Storm

If you have been watching the news, you might have heard about a little storm travelling to New England. This one will not be the typical Nor'Easter that we regularly get, but this one will be a blizzard with 2-3 feet of snow. That is 24-36 inches (60.96 cm- 91.44 cm), sigh. Thank goodness I have a sizable home library and plenty of craft supplies in case the power goes out. If not, I think I'll be indulging in a major Netflix binge. I wish Netflix still had McLeod's Daughters available for streaming. I do like to watch that when it is stormy outside. To look at lovely and warm Southern Australia, when it is 30 degrees F here, is a nice break from the humdrum. I could watch the show on hulu, but it's not the same. I'll more than likely end up watching something British, I can't help myself. I'd love to organize my work space, too, but when it is stormy, I like to curl up into a ball and be a Popple.
I recently discovered the website duolingo.com and have begun to learn French all over again. It's a bit addictive and quite fun. I am amazed at what I managed to remember from my high school lessons. Also, I've discovered that the parts that I struggle with are the same issues that I had when I was a teenager. I ascertained that the cause of these challenges comes down to the fact that I am hearing impaired, which makes it difficult to differentiate some words. Years ago, when I was a high school student, I had no idea that my hearing was going; even though it was back then. Now that I'm in my mid-thirties, it all makes total sense and it's a bit of a relief to know what the deal was. Now, If I could only figure out for the last time exactly what "That" was that Meatloaf absolutely would NOT do.....
Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...