Monday, January 5, 2015

It Is Cold This Cold Season


This week has been terribly cold. The winds are so fierce, that I absolutely dread going outside. However, sometimes I have to take Fred out, sometimes I have to grab the mail and sometimes I have to run errands. So, today I ventured out with a few layers (including a wool cardigan) underneath my jacket, as well as a hat and gloves. Even with all of the layers, I could still feel the chill and it is brutal. As I write this post, I'm snuggled up in my cardigan, with a hot cup of black coffee at my side and the furnace is making my room nice and toasty. I am very grateful to be inside and I really hope that these winds don't knock out the power.

One thing that would be fantastic would be a nice bath in the claw foot bathtub. I have many bubbles and bath oils, etc. and would love a bath. Sadly, the bathroom which houses said tub does not have a heat source. So, a bath in a cast iron claw foot bathtub would get very chilly fast. In the meantime I will be dabbling, once again, in making luxurious bath treats. It's been a decade since I've bothered to do so. I think the last bath soak I made was a hot cocoa bath powder. I really want to start making bath bombs and the like, I just love pampering myself with a girlie, flowery bath,

Yesterday, I made homemade bath salts. I know, one must be careful throwing around such words these days. However, I assure you that these bath salts involved Epsom salts, sea salt, essential oils and food coloring. I decided to make a scented bath salt mix that would be good for someone with a cold. Right now, so many of my relatives have a nasty head cold. I added lavender essential oil for calming, eucalyptus essential oil for drawing out toxins and for clearing the nasal passages and peppermint essential oil for relieving sore muscles. The combination is lovely; I can smell it every time I walk into my room. I added blue and red food coloring to make the salts look like a light purple. The end result was quite nice.

I won't bore you with a recipe, because there are so many recipes on Pinterest and online. Really these are easy to make and if you invest a bit of money on essential oils and salts, a lot of bath crafts can be made for very little money. I really do hope to enjoy these soon. I look forward to trying my hand at making more treats, soon. When I do, I will share with you. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...