Thursday, January 8, 2015

Doing What I Want


This wall of bookshelves, pretty much, represents my life right now. Everything is slightly disheveled, despite the fact that I try to keep things as tidy as I can given the space I have available. The challenge I find is that more items keep being added to my wall of life. The weight of it all is starting to cause shelves to bow. Someone suggested that I get rid of some of my books; they know me better than that..what an absurd thing to say!
If I were to get rid of books, there only be vacancies for other books to fill. The solution is clear- get more book shelves and get a bigger place to house the books shelves. So, that is my goal for the next few months- to find a new place. I need a new place and a new start.
This wall of books stands behind me, every day, while I work at my desk. The vibe is chaotic. This morning, I decided to organize my little lair, but I'm doing it one area at a time. Today's focus is on this wall. It looks a bit better already, but I still have a long way to go.
It is zero degrees F. outside, last night it was -19 degrees F. Tomorrow will be more of the same. Since the weather is horrid and I don't want to leave the house, I am working on my lair. I am also going to bake, since it is so cold out, it is a bit chilly in the kitchen. A nice hot oven would make things cozy, especially with the smell of baked goods wafting in the air. I also intend to catch up on shows that I've missed and get back into exercising, too. Ever since the week of Christmas I have  been in a daze. I have stopped doing the things that make me happy. This week is the perfect time to slip back into my norm.
I don't just mean my current norm, but also the way I once was. I studied Visual & Performing Arts in college. I haven't painted a painting since 2008. I stopped scrap booking, I stopped dancing (other than with wii games) I just hit the stop button, not even bothering with the pause. When you hit pause, you intend to resume where you left off. I'd just stopped. So, the last four months of 2014 were terrible and sad. I decided that when the new year arrived, I was going to take it back. I'm taking Lady Toe Socks back. At the advice of my friends, this is going to be a "ME" year; it seems a bit selfish, it isn't intended to be so. I'm just going to take care of me this year. **A Quick Disclaimer- I don't have any kids, just my dog, I'm taking care of him, too. Taking care of myself this year is not to the detriment of others.** 
I will begin painting again. I will get back to journaling and working on my scrapbook. I will read more and craft more. I will be cooking and baking and making messes. I'll be cleaning up messes and get things organized. Life is going to get a lot more interesting and I'll be sharing it all with you. After writing this post, I'm going to go bake. I'll be sharing that with you, soon.
 Until then~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...