Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Of Maple Trees In The Snow, Hot Cocoa, PLL, And Ebay


Yesterday morning, I woke up at 3 am and basically cat napped the rest of the morning. I kept my tv on NECN and watched continuous coverage of the storm as it traveled through New England. When I first turned on the news, the storm was in Boston and it hadn't made it's way up north, yet. However, when I awoke again later in the morning I had a dog eager to go outside. So, I got dressed, put on a coat, a hat, some mittens and I made certain that Fred the dog had his tweed on. When I stepped outside, it was like stepping into a snow globe. The wind was blowing fiercely and the snow was coming down. I didn't spend too much time outside, Fred was happy to go back to the house.


The rest of the day, I was trying to occupy my mind as I could not help but worry about the power going out. I've experienced terrible winter storms when power had been lost for days; it's not fun. I kept thinking of Little House On The Prairie and the time when they had to tie a rope to the house and attach the other end to the barn, so that they could make it safely to the animals and back during the blizzard.  It made me thankful to be inside and snug in my lair, not having to tend to animals or to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, without Netflix.

I spent a great deal of my day sipping hot coffee or cocoa and binging on Heartland. With every wind gust, thinking to myself that January is almost over. However, we have another storm coming this way and there is usually a massive storm the second week of February, regardless of what a little Pennsylvania rodent declares.

My day was made better with a new episode of Pretty Little Liars; will "Ezria" ever get it right, I mean really? Side note: I was on Pinterest, recently and saw that someone anonymously admitted to having an "Ezria" relationship with their teacher...wow, that is really messed up! At any rate, my night was made even brighter when I won something on ebay, it was a huge score! So, in a week or so, I'll be getting some treats sent my way. Getting books from ebay and amazon is like Sweet Pickles for grownups. Instead of a pickle shaped bus depositing your order, the literature arrives in a giant chocolate truck!  

Now, I'm toying with the idea of organizing my desk drawers. Whenever I open a drawer, I think of that scene in the movie A Christmas Story, when "Miss Shields" confiscates the novelty teeth from her students and throws them into a desk drawer filled with items she'd taken once before. My drawers look like that. it's a hot mess. Ordinarily, an organization project would make me giddy, but I'm so tired all of the time that I dread the challenge. I'll see how it goes and keep you updated. Until next time~ Toodahloo!    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...