Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Girls Day Out: Searching For Limited Edition Eye Shadow


It is very cold outside today! Yesterday was not much better, weather wise. My best friend and I have been trying to shift our schedules around for a few weeks to finally have a girls day out. It isn't always easy to say "I want to go get coffee, NOW" and have it happen. People have lives, they have responsibilities that require them to be present. However, a girl can only go so long without seeing her best before she begins to crack. My best and I have been best friends since we were thirteen years old. Back when we were teenagers, we practically lived at each others houses. Then, we got distracted by boys, then college came and went, then babies and marriage came along and the ability to hop on ones bicycle for some wholesome girl time became tricky.

In our adult years, we've made it a point to take time for girl days, even if it takes weeks to plan, we work it out. It is so important to have that time when you can talk to someone who understands, doesn't judge and who knows you well enough to give solid advice. I'm very lucky I have really great gal pals who I can go to when I need to be a girl. Yesterday, bestie and I met early in the morning and made a list of all of the places where we wanted to go; then, we set off to begin the crazies. The weather was nuts, one minute it got very dark for the morning hours and then it began to snow so much, it looked like we were inside a shaken snow globe. Then next minute, the snow stopped and the sun was shining. It was also very windy. Both of us had a set plan of where we wanted to go and what we needed and wanted to buy in each store. So, we hopped from one place to the other, stopping at Starbucks when we needed to refuel and back to shopping again. I found this adorable snowman mug (pictured above) at the Dollar Tree. It is similar to a mug I grew up with. I really wanted a snowman mug for this winter, as I've decided to embrace winter and be a jolly as possible.

One item that I really wanted to find was the Limited Edition Wet n' Wild Fall 2014 5-Pan  eye shadow in Melrose At Night and Smoke & Melrose. The eye shadows looked very pretty when I saw them at the stores and after reading various reviews from blogs on Pinterest, I really wanted to get them. However, I couldn't find them anywhere! I went to five different stores trying to find them. I found one display at K-Mart that had a few of the other Limited Edition 5-Pan eye shadow left, but none of the Melrose. It is STILL Fall! Once the stores decide to put out the Christmas displays and the holiday edition makeup, they send back what is left of the Fall products. This is frustrating, but it is just eye shadow. However, I do think this whole "Limited Edition" nonsense is a bunch of poo, especially when some of the 5-pan eye shadows are really unfortunate. Have you seen the one with bright yellow and purple and blue? That gets to stay year round? Really, Wet n' Wild? I digress.

So, the eye shadow was a bust, but I still found other things on my list. The bigger picture of the day was simply spending time with the bestie and laughing at ourselves. I don't think anyone laughs at us more than we do. It is very good for us. The day concluded with more coffee and then we went back to our, respective, homes. I feel so much better about the upcoming holidays and any stress that I had has diminished so, I'm refreshed and recharged for Thanksgiving and preparing for December.

I had also planned on writing about organizing my makeup stash, but that post can happen on another day! If you have a bestie, phone them and give them a "Hello!" Until next time~ Toodahloo!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, how fun is a girl's day out! I would love to see my bestie but she's in the States and i'm in Europe so i'll have to wait till we take a furlough next year. I'm am so with you on the eye shadow thing. Not only yellow, purple and blue but ridiculous palettes that have 5 colors but only two are usable.
    Anyhoo, enough rambling. Love your blog and I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I agree, having a 5 shade palette with only two useful colors is a pity. I do hope that you get to see your bestie soon! -Ladytoesocks

      Delete

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...