Sunday, November 23, 2014

Fingerless Gloves Crafted From An Old Sweater

Fred decided to have his paw photographed with my hand.

In the first Fall that I began this blog, I posted about making berets out of an old sweater and an old skirt. I kept the remaining material for future crafts. I had long been wanting to make fingerless gloves, but was unsure how I could pull them off. Last week, model and blogger extraordinaire Ruth Crilly (A Model Recommends) wrote a great blog all about successfully styling fingerless gloves in her post- "How To Wear Fingerless Gloves Without Looking Like A Bank Robber." You can find her blog at www.amodelreommends.com. After reading the post, I was inspired to finally get cracking at making the fingerless gloves.


I began the project with the two sleeves that had been cut from a sweater. 


I then tried on the sleeves to see where I wanted to place the thumb holes and where to cut the upper part of the sleeve.


I trimmed the upper sleeves and then I pulled the sleeves inside-out. Then, I used a running stitch to clean up the edge.


Next, I cut the slits for the thumb holes.


Lastly, I sewed along the edge of the thumb hole using a zigzag stitch.

With any luck I'll be able to wear these, with full confidence, this winter. They would be excellent for night walks, when I enjoy looking at outdoor holiday displays and sipping on a latte. This project took very little time to complete. I was able to do the project from, start to finish, while watching one episode of The Vicar of Dibley and having extra time to spare!

Now, I'm going to make supper. I'm making Martha Stewart's one pot pasta dish. Then, I'm going to indulge in a delightful facial before a new episode of Heartland comes on; I love Sunday! The rest of the week will be devoted to preparing for Thanksgiving. I finally charted out all the projects that I'll be working on in December, so that is a weight off my shoulders! I'll be posting throughout the week and in December, I'll be posting every day! Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...