Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Transitioning Into Fall


Yesterday was the first official day of Fall; and I couldn't be happier. The picture above shows subtle changes from the other day. Already, I am seeing more and more oranges and reds and burgundy flashing from the trees alongside the road. While I was out on my walk, I noticed that some of my neighbors have already begun to decorate their front porches for the Fall and Halloween season. This excites me and I will decorate in October. I am very strict about when I put up my Halloween decor. Some people like to put up Christmas lights before we've even experienced Thanksgiving! That is cool for them, but when it comes to the holidays, I prefer to wait on it a bit. I am eagerly awaiting the Martha Stewart Halloween edition of Martha Stewart Living, something I get each year. I'm certain I will glean all kinds of fantastic ideas for this year from her magazine.


To mark the arrival of Fall, I baked cupcakes. Whenever I spy special holiday cake mixes at the grocery store, I immediately toss a box or two into my cart. I was so happy to have white cupcakes that had orange and black sprinkles inside the cupcakes and chocolate frosting with Halloween sprinkles on top. This is the only time of year that I can eat these, it would wacky to eat these in June!


Since it is Fall, I decided to at least put up a Fall decoration, rather than a Halloween decoration. I went up into the attic and found the wreath that I made a few years ago. Before I could put the wreath on my door, I discovered the hook was missing from the door. Then, I found that a piece of the wreath was going to fall off. I glued the piece back on and set the wreath aside to allow the glue to dry.  I still couldn't put the wreath up until I found a hook for the door. Once I had that resolved, it was much later in the day, I'd decided to put the wreath up today, instead. After going out for errands this morning, I came home and found the house cat, Bingo, curled up snugly inside the wreath. I'm not certain when I can convince her to evacuate. Until then, I'll lay low and watch my back. This week, I have a lot of crafting to do and when I do, I'll share. Until next time~ Toodhaloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...