Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Good Food, Television Bingeing and Exhaustion



This cheesecake, pictured above, is one of many things that I did yesterday. Since my last post, I have been running around and had little time for blogging. I really wanted to post, yesterday, but my day began early and I was in and out of the house all day. When I finally did get home for the day I still needed to make supper and dessert. Cheesecake had been requested, and since I gave my word, I made it. After a long day, I came home and immediately began work on the cheesecake and once that was in the oven, I began work on spaghetti and meatballs. I used frozen meatballs and sauce from a jar, but I added my own flourishes to make it better. When everything was finally underway, I sat down and had a mug of coffee, it was great. The meal and the dessert were delicious and very appreciated by everyone.


This is the pumpkin baklava that I made on Saturday, I wanted to take a photo once the syrup had been absorbed, but someone stole a piece before I had the chance. That happens a lot in my world; it's annoying, but what can I do? The baklava was great, it is a basic baklava recipe, but you spread canned pumpkin, along with walnuts and spices, in between the top and bottom layers of philo dough. It seems very fancy, but it's super easy to make!


These are a staple at any family gathering that I attend, and I can't resist them! On Sunday I went to my grandmother's birthday party. It was nice to see my aunts, cousins, uncles, sisters, nephews and especially my grandmother. My family gatherings always have extremely tasty food and it's fun to go to the table and select foods that I've never had before, as well as old favorites like Deviled Eggs.

Today was finally a quiet day, but I couldn't relax because there were so many things that didn't get done while I was busy. Before I could really relax, I had to tidy up the house, catch up on laundry and other crazy tasks. When it came to having a sit down, I relaxed with a nice strong cup of coffee, cheesecake and Doctor Who. Now that things have settled, a bit, I hope to catch up on some reading, complete another craft project and dehydrate some kale! I know, I live on the edge!
 Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...