Monday, September 8, 2014

Making A Quilt Pt.3


 In the previous post about the making of the quilt, I had sewn patches to use for squares. I carefully ironed all of the patches, organized them and then decided my pattern. I thought a nice zig zag pattern would be fun to try. I arranged the patches in the order that I wanted and began sewing them together.


I first sewed the patches into pairs and then sewed the pairs to make squares.


Then, the patches were sewn into pairs, those pairs were sewn together to make a line of patches. Then, I began to sew together the lines.


This was the end result of all of the patches. A lot of ironing was involved in between the sewing of the squares and lines. The next step involved measuring the size of the zig zag and cutting appropriately sized spare pieces to add to the zig zag so that I might make a queen sized quilt.
A few more steps need to be taken to complete this project and in time for the chilly weather, I'll have a nice quilt. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...