Monday, April 6, 2015

A White Easter


Yesterday was such a fun day! It snowed in the morning, and it snowed the day before that, too. I spent Saturday morning having a relaxing marathon of the first four episodes of the BBC America show, Orphan Black. The show is available to stream on the BBC America channel on youtube. I've seen those episodes before, and I can watch them on demand any time I'd like. However, Saturday morning, I was on Facebook and there was a post from BBC America where they'd shared their youtube playlist. I decided to cozy up at my desk and watch the show. It was snowing and I knew that I'd be busy the rest of the day, preparing for the holiday. I took the morning to rest. I am so happy that I did. The rest of the day, I was cleaning, organizing, baking carrot cheesecake and carrot cake with a cream cheese center and I was making homemade chocolates for my sisters Easter baskets. I forced myself to stop, sometime around 8 pm. Featured in the photo below, is one of the many homemade Needhams that I made. It is strange to think that coconut, butter, powdered sugar and mashed potato can be such a delicious combination!


Easter morning arrived, I made a mad dash to do any last minute tidying and then my sisters and their families arrived. It was such a delight to see my nephews and to be silly with my sisters. I introduced my teenage nephews to the youtube talent, Flula Borg- a German musician, comedian and all around nice guy. He is very funny and I could spend a good hour bingeing on his videos. With all of the food and treats, I was exhausted at the end of the day. While my sisters were back on the interstate, heading home, I was cleaning up the kitchen and doing dishes, whilst watching Monarch Of The Glen on Netflix.

Now, I am at my desk with a mug of hot mocha and a plate of cakes (thanks to aid of Lactaid). Outside my window, snow is falling from the sky. Since it is so cold and grey, I am watching the BBC show Murder In Paradise on Netflix. Usually, I watch reruns of this show on PBS, but I discovered that it's now on Netflix. It really couldn't come at a better time. When the weather is especially disappointing, I turn to tv shows that are set in warm climates. This is why I watch so many reruns of McLeod's Daughters and Hart Of Dixie in the winter. I also really enjoy watching youtube videos from beauty blogger and makeup artist Sharon Farrell. She's Irish, but lives in Sydney. Often, her videos are filmed in front of a window, so you can see the warmth of Australia radiating inside. I find it very helpful when battling the winter blahs.  Once I finally recover from the exhaustion of the holiday and winter, in general, I'll return to being wacky with the sewing machine and the hot glue gun. I just need to have that snow go away. Until then~ Toodahloo!

Ps.
 If you're curious about Sharon Farrell here is a link to her channel, she's really great! https://www.youtube.com/user/sharonmakeupartist

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...