Wednesday, April 8, 2015

A Touch Of Tea and Brainstorming


I need a cocktail dress. Not just any cocktail dress will do. I thought I had the perfect outfit hiding away in the depths of my closet, so I didn't worry about it. This afternoon, I decided that it might be a good idea to dig it out and give it a look, just to make certain that it was still is good condition. Well, after finding the dress, I decided that it was all wrong and I needed to start from scratch. I pulled out a handful of old prom gowns for ideas. While watching reruns of Jem on Netflix, I found my inspiration. My inner Molly Ringwald (or specifically "Andy" from Pretty In Pink) came out and went right to work.


After scrolling along pages and pages of pins on Pinterest, I was able to find some inspiration and pin them to an inspiration board. With a few mugs of Yorkshire Gold Tea fueling my afternoon, I was able to really pull it all together. Now that I know what I am doing, the fun part will be dissecting the dresses and building them into something amazing! When the project is complete, I'll share more about the dress.


When I was searching through my pattern chest, a chest of drawers that contain vintage patterns, I found "Master Splinter;" or at least half of him. My nephew left him behind on Easter. Apparently, this is his favorite Lego guy and he was a bit upset when it came time to leave and he couldn't find him. So, the little rat will sit on my desk and silently judge me until my nephew visits again.

Lastly, I discovered a new to me show on hulu.com, yesterday. It's called Starlings; it's about an average family just getting by. It is a charming and heartwarming show. Many members of the cast were also on the show Lark Rise To Candleford, which I love! The actress who plays the mum is also on the show Scott & Bailey. That show is on PBS on Saturday night, a crime show and I love it, too! S&B can also be found on hulu.com. At any rate, this show is so fun to watch with a warm drink and a bit of a snack; it's so relaxing! Yes, I watch a lot of British television and I have no idea why, but it's what I like. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I really like PBS and I grew up watching PBS every Saturday. That was because I didn't have cable in my bedroom and the only channel that came in was PBS. Now, I find it to be very comforting to watch PBS on Saturdays. So, in a way, I must find British television to be relaxing to watch, as well. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of American tv shows that I'm hooked on, but in the afternoons, I'm all about the British television.

That is it for now, I'll keep you updated on the progress of the cocktail dress project. 
Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...