Sunday, April 19, 2015

Pink Glitter, Being Fabulous and Exhausted


As the title of this post suggests, I am exhausted! It has been a very busy week; I was constantly going. I was zig-zagging back and forth, trying to help my parents prepare for a trip. On the days when I wasn't running around, and even on days when I was, I was working on a project. The secret project was a Jem" costume. It had to be a secret, because it was for a surprise 1980's themed 40th birthday party. Had I given too many details about my project, I would have given away a surprise that many people were working very hard to keep.
I finished my costume on Friday. All day Saturday, I was trying to tint my hair pink, without making it permanent. Then, I had to actually get on my makeup, do my hair, get my costume on and then travel for 45 minutes to get to the party. Once there, I had tremendous fun seeing my family members dressed as various 1980's characters and public figures. By the time I got home, it was late in the evening. However, I couldn't rest, as tired as I was. Earlier in the evening, just before I sat down to apply my makeup, I read the sad news that Canadian actor Jonathan Crombie had died. He was a big deal in my childhood. The Anne Of Green Gables series is to me what Star Wars is to others. I grew up watching those movies over and over again, and I continue to watch them, regularly. He was wonderful as "Gilbert," but it was also fun to watch him on other projects such as the show Slings & Arrows, where he played a character very much opposite that of "Gilbert Blythe." Sad.
When I woke up this morning, I was so exhausted that I felt nearly ill. I really haven't had much energy to do anything today. I did manage to make some salsa (tasty) and I intend to do a quick tidy. Then, there is the issue of the makeup brushes. What you see in the photo (above) is the aftermath of the "Jem" look. I'll write a post about that look, later in the week. I'll just say that a lot of pink was used for the look. After I address those brushes, I just want to curl up with a pile of books and get inspired to do small projects for the week. However, cleaning the brushes seems dreadful, that is how tired I am. I'm very certain that I will have an early bed time tonight. With any luck, I'll feel much better tomorrow, with enough energy to take on a new craft. My fingers are crossed on that; here's to hoping! Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...