Saturday, October 18, 2014

Thirteen Days Until Halloween!


As October inches its way towards Halloween, I am becoming more inspired. The colors outside really are spectacular! Lately, I've been doing a lot of baking (aside from the days that I was far too sick to function) and I've been brainstorming more crafts to tackle.


Tuesday, I baked oatmeal bread. I was craving toast made with fresh oatmeal bread. So, I found a great recipe in one of the kitchen cookbooks and went crazy with the oats and flour!


I wish that you could smell the bread as it was sliced! It was amazing, I encourage you to find your favorite bread recipe and bake yourself some bread. The process of bread making is very relaxing; it takes time and patience. When you're baking bread, you're not multitasking until you swoon. You're focusing on kneading the dough and making certain that it is just right, before you set it aside to rise. Then, you have to wait and hour for it to rise, prepare it for baking and let rise for another hour, and bake it. This all takes a lot of time to not be doing anything else but baking bread. While it bakes, your house is filled with the most comforting aroma. Then, when the time comes to eat the bread, it is such a luxury and you did it yourself!


I also made molasses popcorn, it's delicious. I usually make caramel corn this time of year, but I needed a change. However, next week I'll make caramel corn and I'll share the recipe for the caramel corn, as well as, the molasses popcorn, then.

After my baking spree, I fell ill and did nothing but rest and watch Netflix until I was better. On Friday, I had a surprise girl day out with a friend; which refreshed me. In the morning I was very tired after my ordeal, but feeling better and well enough to go for an adventure with a friend. We shopped, went to a tea house and did what most women do on girls day out- TALK-TALK-TALK. By the time I got home in the afternoon, I was inspired to decorate for Halloween!


What is a Halloween house without some gravestones, zombies and cobwebs? With the countdown to Halloween officially on, I am very excited to get into the spirit of the holiday! I hope that next week, my schedule will return to normal and I will be back to blogging regularly. I will do my best to stay healthy and to keep creating. Tomorrow will be spent waiting for the 125th episode of Heartland, this is huge and very exciting! Also, I'll be anticipating a new episode of The Walking Dead. I hope I can convince myself to spend the day focusing on working on my quilt. I hit an obstacle in the middle of do the patches and set it aside until I could figure out a solution. Now, I think I know what I can do to proceed with the project and when I do I'll share with you! Until next time~ Toodahloo!

ps. This post kind of got away from me, I know. I'm just really excited about Halloween... and I really like bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...