Thursday, October 16, 2014

I Look Like Wednesday Addams


Such a lovely Fall photo, is it not? Just a few days ago, I was frolicking in my sister's back yard, having a jolly time. Then, I returned home and everything seemed to fall back into place. I cleaned up, watched Heartland (what is going on there?) and then I watched the premiere of The Walking Dead. It was a perfect way to end the weekend. The next day, I settled back into my norm, I went on an adventure with Fred. That afternoon I made molasses popcorn. Then next day, I baked oatmeal bread. Everything seemed fine, although I did take a longer than usual nap in the middle of the day, felt exhausted Tuesday and went to bed uncharacteristically early.
Then, Wednesday morning arrived with a punch in the gut and the worst headache I've experienced in a very long time. I managed to take a Tylenol and get myself a mug of coffee, but I could barely touch my coffee. Then, things went from bad to worse. I spent the rest of the day in bed, not eating dealing with a terrible headache that wouldn't budge and trying to sleep off whatever was bugging me. Fred stayed dutifully by my side.
I did some internet research and found tips on how to beat a stomach bug. I tried everything: avoiding heavy food, taking small sips, drinking ginger tea, drinking peppermint tea, drinking 7Up. Nothing was really working. I knew I had to ride it out. However, that isn't very fun. This morning, I managed to get myself up and I smeared Vapor Rub all along my forehead. This really helped my headache go away. I'd doubt that this is a recommended use for Vapor Rub, but I really just wanted the pain to stop. I went back to sleep and slept the worst of it off. I think having the headache ease up helped.
Then, I put on Netflix and watched Hart of Dixie and Witches Of East End. It was during this time that I managed to successfully consume a stack of Saltines, boy did those taste like a delicacy!
I turned on Steven & Chris and discovered that Chris was flying solo that episode, because Steven was home with the flu! Steven was probably also eating Saltines, snuggling with his pooch (Maxine) and watching Netflix, because what else is there to do in these circumstances?
Needless to say, I have been sporting serious bags under my eyes, I am very pale (enough to make a Cullen blush), and my uniform has been loungewear. I do hope to be back to my normal self soon and will be crafty and all around creative as usual. I will post about the things I made before I fell ill, soon. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...