Monday, October 13, 2014

Enjoying The Outdoors


I've been away, spending time with family for the past week. Fred and I took a walk today and here is another shot from our walk. It's amazing how quickly things can change in a week. So many leaves are on the ground now. However, the sun was shining today and it has been a beautiful week, weather wise.

Meet Marshall.
Last Spring, my sister's cat had to be put down. He was 17 years old and very ill. She and her husband got him and his brother, as kittens, when they were still in college. It was sad to see him go, he was a respected member of the family. Her children grew up with him and it was very sad for them to lose a beloved friend. As time passed, their hearts mended and they were able to get two new kittens. They got a boy and a girl, Marshall and Pepsi.

Pepsi (left) and Marshall (right)


Whenever I visit my sister, I love spending time in the woods behind her home. I love the smell of the woods, the sounds and the textures. It is the most peaceful place to be, This time of year is my favorite time to go into the woods; because there aren't any bugs to annoy me,  I can go there to relax.


Fred really enjoys walking in the woods with me. My nephew decided to join us for a silly adventure into the woods.


Here is a Pinterest inspired sign that I made for my nephews a few years ago. I made it one time when I was visiting and my nephews were away at school. I surprised them with the sign, placing it at a fork in the walking path. Surprisingly, it's still up and it even survived a hurricane!

Now, I am home and catching up on things that needed to be done. When I got home yesterday, I had to unpack and tidy up after the mess I left behind when I left before. I managed to get a lot done before watching the premiere of The Walking Dead. I had no idea what to have for a snack during the premiere; had I planned ahead of time I would have made gross cupcakes. Instead, I improvised with hot cocoa and pumpkin spice Milano cookies. Today, I intend to make a treat and do a little holiday decorating. I'll be sure to post about that soon. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...