Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Making A Quilt Pt. 4


I have finally resumed work on the quilt project. When I initially began working on the quilt, it was still summer and I intended to upcycle men's shirts. The last time I had tackled such a project, I was only making a napping blanket. So, when I used the same amount of shirts as before, it shouldn't have been a surprise when the blanket was small. However, I don't want another napping blanket, I want a full size quilt. When I hit this detour, I decided to take a break in order to figure out what I wanted to do next.
A few weeks ago, I added more fabric to the top and the bottom of the quilt, in order to make it longer. Then, I set the quilt aside again to take a break from it. Yesterday, I took more measurements and found that the quilt STILL wasn't long enough. So, I added more fabric to the top and the side to make it the right size.


Now, the quilt looks too large. Tomorrow, I will iron it out, fix some stitches and the cut where ever it needs to be reduced. Clearly, this quilt is going through an awkward phase, but I love it anyway. It will, eventually, turn out right. So, far this whole process has been a bit hilarious, but as long as I have a unique looking and warm quilt for winter, I'll be happy.

In other news, the weather here isn't that great. It has been windy, gloomy, chilly and damp- very damp. Even though it isn't great weather for outdoor adventures, it's great weather for crafting, baking, and scary movie watching. I decided that this year, I would dress up as the character "Cosima Niehaus" from the show Orphan Black. In past years, I've dressed up as scary creatures or characters. However, the children who were trick-or-treating were very young and very scared to take candy from me. More than once, I've made a toddler cry when I was in costume. So, this year, I'll still be in costume, but no tears will be shed. Maybe I will post a quick tutorial on the costume, that day...we'll see. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...