Sunday, August 31, 2014

Making A Quilt Pt. 2


In Part 1 of making a quilt, I cut up fabric from discarded flannel shirts. For this part of the project, I had to cut the material to make patches. I used a 5 x 5 in. template that I had made a long time ago. I cut all the material into squares, then I cut on the diagonal. I was left with a large pile of flannel triangles. I sorted all of the triangles out, counted what I had, and paired all of them together.


When I sewed the triangles together to make squares, I sewed them in a long strand. It looked like bunting; which gave me idea for another project for November. This part was the most tedious part and I dreaded doing it. I kept putting it off, but I finally completed that task and was relieved to do so. Once I got over that part, I was very happy to move forward with the project.


Yesterday, I ironed all of the pieces while watching "The Guild" on Netflix. Then, I began my favorite part, piecing it all together in a fun pattern. I'll post about that in Part 3 of the project. Now that the worst is over, I am moving along at a faster pace and should have this done by October. I would have it done a lot sooner, but I take my time on quilts. I like to work on quilt projects a little at a time. I will be getting it done soon though, because the cold weather is here. I am already seeing trees change color and I got candy corn harvest mix today! I'm getting very excited for the arrival of Fall and I have many projects set up to share. Until then~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...