Monday, July 14, 2014

Waiting For A Rainy Day

This lovely gem arrived in my mail today. I ordered the dvd set from amazon.com, a few days ago, and stalked my package via order track. I'm waiting for a rainy day to cozy up with a bowl of popcorn and a latte while I indulge in this masterpiece.
When I first began this blog, I was (regularly) watching the show on CBC.  I totally understood the main character and it was a mix of drama with a bit of comedy and a dash of sci- fi.  The season would end around mid December and in the summer I'd see commercial teasers for the show's return in the Fall. I always looked forward to this show. Sadly, after four years, the show ended. Although I was bummed that the show was over, I could still get my fix on hulu.com. The problem with watching the show on hulu.com was that the shows aired as they were viewed on the Soap Opera Network. The version that aired on that channel was very edited, just not the same as originally aired. Also, hulu.com failed to get the final season of the show. Then, one day, hulu stopped providing a single episode.
I had toyed with the idea of obtaining the show on dvd for a while, but waited to see if Netflix would snag it. The website has other CBC shows, like Heartland, Murdoch Mysteries, they even have 18 To Life. I figured that over time, they would get Being Erica, considering how popular the show was. I gave up hope and began hunting amazon.com for deals. I was able to find season one for a fraction of the original asking price. I'm very glad that I waited to get this.
The great thing about buying shows on dvd, compared to watching them on Netflix or hulu, is all the fun extras that come on the dvd's. Those lovely additions are never available to stream. So, this purchase was the best choice. I will be keeping an eye on the barometer for any changes and consulting my weather app for the forecast and when I see rain coming...I'll be ready!
Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...