Monday, July 7, 2014

The Wacky Summer Weather

Over the past week in New England, the weather has gone from sweltering sauna, to soggy boggy rain, to fall-like chilly. When you go from sleeping with no covers, with the fans on and all windows open- to full blankets, fleece sleep pants and tightly shut windows, the weather is wacky! When it was in the high 90's to low 100's, it was far too hot for me to want to do anything but binge on Netflix shows. When it is that hot outside, I am far too cranky and sleepy to be inspired to create anything. Finally, the rain arrived, just in time for the 4th of July celebrations! Hurricane Arthur danced his way up the east coast, bringing with him strong winds and buckets of rain. Although the gardens were super happy for the rain, the holiday campers were a bit bummed out.
The bright side to this rainy weather was that it finally cooled down the outside temperature, which enabled me to bake! So, I baked a big batch of carrot cake cupcakes, with cream cheese frosting, and mini blueberry pies.
I must admit, I did use a bake cake mix for the cupcakes. However, the pastry used for the blueberry pies was made from scratch. OH, these pies are yummy! I hope that his current weather stays around so that I may continue to complete more creative projects. Until then~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...