Saturday, August 31, 2013

So Long, August

I have been avoiding posting all week; after the plaid skirt experience, I just didn't wish to write about it. However, after all that was endured, the skirt was a success. So, here is the before and after of the dreaded skirt.

This is what the skirt looked like, before I cut it open. It was a very long wrap skirt, with a tiny waistline. Pictured below is the resulting aftermath: a much shorter skirt with a more accommodating waistline. I also added the pocket, so that my lip balm would remain, securely, on my person.On the left side of the skirt, at the hip, is an added zipper; which was a HUGE pain to add, but entirely necessary.
 

As I mentioned in my previous post, it was a struggle to finish this project. I was very happy and quite relieved when I finally completed the skirt. With any luck, I'll be happy to wear it. It will be a few months before it's cold enough to wear. Perhaps by then, I won't have such terrible emotions attached to the skirt.....maybe.


 
Yesterday, I finished another skirt and a sweater alteration. I have several repurposing projects that I will do soon, and I'll blog about them too! It is the last day of August; and in many ways the unofficial end of summer here, in New England. The leaves on the trees are already beginning to change color, marking the transition into Fall. Soon, I will be waking to chillier days. My future projects will be reflective of the changing seasons and I'm looking forward to the change.
Tonight, as I sit here typing this post, rain is falling heavily outside my window. Undaunted, I will sip hot cocoa, with Fred at my side, as we sit to watch a movie. Until next time. ~Toodahloo!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...