Thursday, August 1, 2013

A Fun Refashion of An Ugly Dress

So the other day, I visited my local thrift store, which has recently changed hands. I always enjoyed the store, for many reasons. In the past, I have been able to find many materials that I could recycle into craft projects. I have also been able to snag excellent kitchen gadgets that were made during the Reagan era. What is so significant about that, is that 20-30 years ago, appliances were crafted with better quality. My hand mixer, which I found at my thrift store, is much heavier than any hand mixer you'll find at the local box store. Usually, when I get a hand mixer it survives a few months, until I challenge it to mix cookie batter; then I dies a slow, undignified, death.
I was also able to buy an awesome waffle maker; it isn't round, nor square, but a rectangle. It can also be used as a griddle, simply by removing the waffle attachment..amazing. However, this was not the point of my post. The point is, that my thrift store was sold to a new, lovely, owner. The new owner inherited the merchandise from the previous store and she wishes to sell it off, while she brings in new items. This is where the story gets interesting. In an effort to sell items quickly, she is having an amazing bag sale. This inspired me to search for hideous items that could be refashioned into something lovely. I've seen this done before on other blogs, via Pinterest and I was so intrigued. The ladies doing these refashions looked to be having so much fun!
So, I bought a lot of items for only a few dollars and I am up to the challenge. I have a vision for every hideous item. I should add, that I did find some really nice items that I bought to keep as is. I mean, how often can you buy a cashmere sweater for less than a dollar?
However, the items I bought have a lot of potential. I spent the weekend on Pinterest, looking for tips on sewing and searching for images of "Aria Montgomery" fashion. So, for the most part, I am fashioning clothes as inspired by the wardrobe of the character "Aria Montgomery" from the show "Pretty Little Liars." If you haven't watched this show, go do it, it's great. At any rate, I already refashioned one dress. I am anxious to post about it, but for some reason, my pictures won't load. When I can work out that glitch, I'll get on it and post my dress refashion. My next project will be a wool skirt. This is going to be a blast! Until then~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...