Friday, August 23, 2013

Glitches

This post will be all about the many, many glitches that I encountered over the week. As I had mentioned in my previous post, I was working on a skirt, but wished to blog about other things too. I'll begin with the skirt project. Much like this week, I naively approached the project thinking that it would be ridiculously easy accomplish. When I first opened the skirt by cutting off the waistband, there was so much fabric and it was an even rectangle. I looked at the piece of material and thought that I had lucked out. Oh, silly Ladytoesocks! I snagged the fabric, cut off more than I wanted, broke a few sewing needles and, at one point, I think I might have injured myself. A project that was meant to be an afternoon affair quickly escalated into a test in frustration. I had to look at the skirt, more than once, and tell myself to walk away. Otherwise, I had this unnerving feeling that I would soon turn into the Hulk. It took a week to finish and I'm just happy that it is over. I became so burnt out by the project, that I've had to take a wee break from sewing.
Then, the news of a fallen sorority sister, was a disappointment. Cancer, you're relentlessly cruel. So, the stumble in my step sucked out most of my motivation. Any time I wanted to post about a certain topic, I just lacked the energy to do so. Then, when I did try to post, there was a glitch with the computer, again. I looked at all of this and decided to not think about anything. I spent a substantial part of my day staring at endless pins on Pinterest. I sort of needed nothing, I don't mean I didn't want anything, I simply wanted Nothing. All I wanted was for nothing to happen, to be temporarily suspended. It worked wonders and I feel much better.
Now, as I mentioned in a previous post, I need to cover my thoughts on the show "The Adventures of Merlin." The whole Merlin thing happened completely by accident. I was watching my nephews, who insisted on torturing me with a terrible Disney show (bad writing and terrible acting, in my opinion). I suspect fate was paying me back for all the many hours I forced my parents to sit through my viewing of the movie "Annie". My childhood was filled with jazz hands, it was the 1980's, after all.... I digress. In an effort to maintain my composure, I suggested they watch the show "The Adventures of Merlin." The writing and acting was superior and who can resist guys, with swords, in chainmail? Well, after the first episode there was a terrible addiction experienced by myself and my tween/teen nephews. It became another guilty pleasure. After watching the final show of the series, I didn't have the same reaction as I did when David Tennant left "Doctor Who." In fact, I slept just fine that night, I guess I've grown.
Overall, this past week has been totally out of whack, and that's okay. Life goes on, and when I am back in the saddle, I will be able to look at my sewing machine without feeling the sensation as though I were entering a duel. Until then~ Toodahloo!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...