Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I Made My Own Eyeshadow Palette!




Ever since October 2011, I have been watching many make-up tutorials on Youtube. It brings me a lot of joy to watch them. The makeup gurus have taught me so much more about makeup than I ever knew before. They usually have such an upbeat attitude that they put me in a great mood and inspire me. The videos tap into that part of me that would rush to the tv to watch Mtv's "House of Style" and never missed going gaga over the October issue of Vogue. For a portion of my life, I was programmed to believe that this part of myself was shallow and should be avoided. However, I got over that.
One trend that is popular with all of the gurus that I follow is the nude color scheme. Whether it is for lips or eyes, nude is in. Sadly, I don't have a rock n' roll lifestyle and as such, I cannot spend money on massive makeup like others may be able to. So, I decided to make my own "Pretty Lady" eyeshadow palette. With a little bit of spray paint, hot glue, scrapbook paper, a recycled magnetic calendar and an old tin, I was able to make a lovely container for some eyeshadow.
It was a bit of a messy process, I had a lot of shadow on my fingers by the end. However, I really like having the colors all in one palette. The original containers were difficult for me to open, for some reason. Now, I can recreate looks from tutorials using this palette and that will be a lot of fun!
I have already crafted a skirt for a re-fashion and have many more planned to share. Until then~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...