Wednesday, April 28, 2010

It's Raining!

So, yet again, it is raining. This season has had some rather, unusual weather. It makes me wonder what the summer will bring. I looked out the window to find that the trees now have leaves! I am not exactly sure when this occured, since when I took Brandy for a walk, just the other day, the trees were still budding. Perhaps, the buds were larger than I observed them to be. However, there are most certainly leaves on the trees. They are not completely open, and I am sure the rain is putting a damper on their progress. I forget how soon May will be here, so I guess it makes sense. I rarely go outside, so it's easy for me to lose track of time.
The birthday gathering came and went on Saturday. Kids were running around everywhere and the normal chaos that ensues with 10 year olds came my way. I did make a yummy hamburger cake, as promised.
I made the tomatoes out of gelatin and the shredded lettuce was tinted coconut. The sesame seeds were miniature marshmallows that had been cut in half. I used tinted frosting for the mustard and tinted strawberry jam was used for barbecue sauce. The bun was a butter cake and the burger was a devils food cake. It was yummy and it made me laugh everytime I looked at it. The kids got a kick out of it too!
I also made some yummy caramel apples. By the time I took this picture, the caramel had slumped off of the apples. I wish I'd taken a picture directly after I made them. Unfortunately, I was doing so many things that morning, in preparations, that taking a picture slipped from my mind.
Other than that, I've been working on a painting off and on since the weekend, and I hope to finish it soon. I may show a picture of it when I'm done, then again, maybe I won't? Until then~ Toodaloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...