Saturday, April 10, 2010

April Showers

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm feeling soggy. On the bright side of things, I am able to get a lot of laundry and projects done. I'm nearing the finish line with the quilt that I am constructing for my mother. The other day, I assembled new book shelves for my bedroom. It's nice, because the clutter has gone away and I can, once again, relax in my cave. Also, my books and my DVD's are so organized now that I'm giddy.
Also this week, I made some magic in the kitchen.
After an exhausting start to the day on Wednesday, I decided to make brownies. Then I had an awful idea; rather than making the normal cheesecake marble brownies, I thought I'd make them be peanut butter cheesecake marble brownies. I don't know why I do these things! I'm just a sinister chef in the kitchen. These treats went fast. Remarkably there are a few left. However, in my family, we all want to be nice and save the last treats for others, so then they stay around longer until someone finally folds.
Also in the kitchen, I made a quiche using the left over ham and asparagus from our Easter dinner. This time, I used frozen pie crust. Honestly, some days I have so many things that I need to get done around the house, that making pie crust isn't fun and is more of a chore than anything else. I love quiche! It's one of those dishes that can be used for any meal and can be made in so many different ways. You could pretty much look in your cupboard and refridgerator and find random items to throw together in a quiche and as long as they are bound together with egg and cheese, it will come out delicious. There certainly are some things that wouldn't go together, like fruit cocktail and baked beans; but you get the idea.
So today, I'll complete the quilt, clean the laundry, watch the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice and then maybe read a little short story from Lucy Maud Montgomery. Also, Doctor Who will be on tonight. I think this is the last time for a while that they'll be airing the David Tennant episodes. Next week, I think, they'll be showing the new episodes. I think I might have to get the David Tennant episodes on DVD, starting with series two. I'm starting to get all misty eyed. Sigh.
I guess I'll cross that bridge when it comes. Until then~ Toodaloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...