Monday, October 5, 2009

It's Monday! I'm alright with that.

What a great day! The weather was fantastic today. Brandy and I started our day with a nice cup of hot coffee and a brisk morning stroll around the neighborhood. There is something really special about having quiet moments like that with your canine companion. This weekend was filled with excellence. I certainly did my share of laundry, but I also got a nice visit from my sister and my nephews. My mother made a turkey roast and I was planning on making an apple pie. However, Wolf River apples aren't quite ripe as of yet. So, instead, I relied on what I had available in my freezer. I had frozen puff pastry and raspberries from the garden. I went Online and found a recipe that used those ingredients ( among others that I also had available to me) and I ended up making a delicious Brown Butter Raspberry Tart.
So, today I made an awesome turkey pot pie with the leftovers from yesterday. Soon, I will be eating that and consuming it fast enough to catch Coronation Street. I began work on two Halloween rag dolls this weekend and worked some more on them today. I'll work on them little by little and I'll post them later on this week. Other than that, I've been taking it easy. I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring, but I'm certain I'll make myself busy if I'm not at school. Until then~Toodaloo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...