Thursday, October 8, 2009

Today Was A Spooktacular Day!

Well, it's been a few days since I've posted. Yesterday was my mothers birthday and I was at school; so, I didn't have much to post about. It's been a rather soggy week here, but today was sunny and dry! I began my day with a nutritious bowl of Count Chocula- this is one of my October traditions. Thus began my spooktacular day.


I spent a better part of my day cleaning and doing laundry. However, it's never really boring work, because I fit other (less mundane) things in between. While I was cleaning, I put on a scented wax tart. The one I'm burning for the month is called "trick -or- treat" and it smells sort of like candy corn. I really love the tarts and the pretty tart warmers. This one certainly is not a spooky warmer. I think it was intended to be a Christmas warmer. I got it at a clearance sale when a local store was going out of business. It has a very pretty pearly glaze and it reminds me of the forest, because it has pine needles and pine cones on it. I just think that these warmers warm up the atmosphere of the home just as it warms the tart.


Just before lunch, I put in the DVD The Best of the Kids In the Hall Vol. Two and while watching that on the portable DVD player, I made Chocolate Swirl Zucchini Bread.Watching the show made me feel nostalgic and it still cracks me up, especially the characters "Buddy Cole" and "Chicken Lady." Well, I made the bread with zucchini from our garden and shredded so much of the zucchini that I was able to freeze a quart of it to have on hand for Thanksgiving! While the bread was baking, the smell of the bread filled the entire house with a rich aroma; and it blended nicely with the tart. It was fantastic! I decided to make my hot cocoa to have with the bread.

My cocoa recipe is as follows: 1 tbsp sugar, 1 heaping tbsp cocoa powder, 1 shake of salt, 3 shakes of cayenne powder, 1 1/2 c. milk, and 1 tsp. vanilla. Put all of the ingredients, but the vanilla, in a small saucepan on medium heat, blend with the milk while melting the sugar and cocoa. Heat the cocoa until steaming but don't boil, turn off heat and add vanilla. Top with whipped cream.

So, that has been my spooktacular day. I think I may start a book today. I'll be going to visit my sisters for the weekend tomorrow, and I'm really looking forward to that. Hopefully, the weather will be compliant, because we have a lot of outdoor activities planned. Until next time!

~ Toodaloo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...