Monday, October 19, 2009

What's Up With Me?!

I have had one of those crazy weeks that sort of have a way of taking a direction all their own. I intended to get a lot of things done last week, but that never happened. So, here is what happened: the Friday before last, I went to visit my sisters as planned. I stayed with one sister and on Saturday, we went apple picking at a local farm/ orchard.

I picked some HUGE Empire Apples, which I turned until some tasty desserts.












At the farm I saw some rally cute farm critters.
My sister and I also lost track of time playing "Guitar Hero" and I really like to play golf on the Wii. On the following Monday, we enjoyed a girls day out in Freeport. The weather was spectacular that weekend, which was a real blessing considering that earlier in the week it was cold, windy, and rainy.
I didn't get home until Tuesday, then the next day, my friend called me to have a visit at her new house. So, I was very happy to spend the afternoon with her, because we hadn't hung out with each other for a few weeks. By the time I got home, it was really too late to work on my blog or my crafts.
The next day, I finally had the whole day open, that was, until I was called to the school. So, for the first half of the day, I was at school. When I came home, I decided to take advantage of the warm weather. All the other days that week were very cold, and I knew that it would be cold again. So, I made myself a cup of coffee and poured it into my thermal mug and I went to the attic and brought out all of the outdoor Halloween decor. So, I spent the rest of the day making the front yard look spooky for the season- it's a tradition of mine. On Halloween, the trick-or-treater's really get a kick out of the house.
On Friday, I was at school all day and when I came home, I scrambled around, getting the house tidied up so that I could get it clean before my nephew would be dropped off for the weekend. I planned on blogging and working on crafts once he had arrived and settled in. Before I had a chance to pour myself a strong cup of afternoon coffee, the phone rang. My sister called to request my services and babysit her sons. So, I agreed and packed clothing for myself and my nephew and by 8:00 p.m. he and I were at my sisters house eating pizza.
I didn't get back home until 8:00p.m. Saturday night; so, when I got home, I immediately made a stromboli for supper. The next day, I rewarded myself with a morning doing nothing but drinking coffee and watching the Sunday morning marathon of Coronation Street, I must admit, that show is my guilty pleasure. The rest of the day was filled with catching up on laundry and cleaning all of the things that I didn't get a chance to do during my busy week. I even made a pumpkin cheesecake!
Today, I am finally catching up on my blog and my crafts. I am trying to finish up the Halloween rag dolls that I've mentioned before. Once they are completed, I'll post them. So, that is what my week has been like. So, this long post should make up for a week of not posting. Hopefully, things will be less hectic between now and Halloween.~ Toodaloo

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...