Monday, March 30, 2015

A Cupcake Solves All Woes


Today, I finally was able to make my trip to the thrift store. By the time I was ready to step out, snow was floating down from the sky. Yes, more snowflakes gently caressing the ground the very last week of March, This is totally normal. I quickly made it the the store without getting too damp from the snow and began my search for treasures. I found a few fun vintage dresses, one for my Mum and one for me. This pink dress is a hoot! It was made in Montreal, CA and it is 100% polyester! It is Barbie pink and it will be perfect to have on hand for a costume party.


Here is a close-up of the belt, a fabric belt. You can almost see the pattern in the fabric. After trying on this dress, it was very apparent that if I ever do wear it, I'll need to wear a modest slip underneath. Also, vintage dress sizes are a bit different from today's standard. All the same, I just couldn't walk out of the store without it. It cost about as much as a Mars Bar; so it was a modest investment.


After shopping for an hour, I was happy to get home and eat some lunch. I had just enough time to eat before leaving again to get groceries for the coming holiday, I have big baking plans in store. Once I finally returned home and was done with all errands for the day, I treated myself to a mug of hot coffee and a cupcake with sprinkles. It was a good day, but with sleep deprivation and raw nerves (caused by enduring several nights of nightmares) I was feeling dreadful. The cupcake made it all better. Now, I find myself midway through season 6 of Gossip Girl, whilst sipping a mug of hot cocoa and feeling cozy in fluffy pajammas. This is the perfect way to end a chilly day. Sadly, I didn't find anything that I could use for crafts, but that is okay I have plenty of time this week for fun. The holiday will keep me busy. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...