Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Repairing A Tattered Quilt


Last week, I was anticipating the arrival of my sisters, who I though would be lodging at my house for the night. I grabbed fresh sheets and then found a quilt that my nephews borrowed over the holidays. When I was shoving the quilt into my washing machine to be clean and fresh, I discovered a massive hole in the quilt. Nobody told me that this had happened. I thought I would have to repair it that night. However, my sisters stayed at a nearby hotel; so I was off the hook, for a while. I wasn't upset about the hole (it isn't a hand-made quilt), I was dumbfounded. I have no idea how this massive hole happened. Nothing was frayed, it almost looks like it had been chewed, but we don't have a mouse problem in my house, still strange. So, over the weekend, I grabbed the quilt, a needle and thread, some batting and my quilting loop and began repairing the hole. I had to put patches on both sides of the quilt, as the hole went all the way through the quilt (again, strange). I layered some batting between the layers to keep the quilt warm. Four "Gossip Girl's" and two slices of sausage and green pepper pizza later, the quilt is as good as new, if not better than new.


Yesterday, I baked Boston Cream cupcakes. I used a mix for the cake, but I made the vanilla custard and the chocolate icing from scratch. I just really needed some kind of baked good. I also really needed some chocolate. The more comforting the food, the better these days. I have been so tired lately. Not only am I tired, but I am also feeling sluggish. I really hope that Spring arrives soon. I need the warm sun and the fresh air. I have to keep myself busy so that I don't fall asleep during the day. Otherwise, I'll not sleep at night. Lately, my sleep has been crazy and my dreams have been most bizarre. Last night, for instance, I had a dream in which I was living back in Cape Cod, working at a very posh coffee shop. However, the coffee shop was Dunkin' Donuts, but a super high end DD. The interior looked like a cross between a chic nightclub and the interior design of Abercrombie & Fitch. That is not the strange part. What was odd about this dream, was that, I was the manager of the establishment. I was wearing jeans and a black t-shirt. However, all of the other employees were men in drag. I was surrounded by drag queens. So strange. I've been to many coffee shops on The Cape, none of them looked like the one in my dream. I've also seen my share of drag queens on The Cape, but I don't recall ever seeing them inside a cafe. Perhaps, it is my dream to live in a small town surrounded by sassy drag queens. Who knows?


In other news, Bingo, the elusive house cat, has come out of hiding! Spotting her outside of my lair is like catching a glimpse of a Sasquatch. Now, she's even spending time in the sunny living room, curled up in an armchair. As soon as any company arrives though, she'll flee straight to my bedroom. She should have been named "Dickinson." Oh well, I do hope to get my energy up soon. I relax by watching shows on hulu.com and Netflix. I really hope to be back on the craft kick. I've been itching to go to the thrift store so that I can begin some re-fashion projects, in time for the warm weather. That would be a lot of fun. Hopefully, I ll be energized and pepped up enough to be active and have more to write about. As soon as that happens, I'll share it with you. Until then~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...