Wednesday, November 12, 2014

My Emergency Make-Up Bag


This is my emergency makeup bag. I'm not one of those women who wear makeup everyday, nor would I swoon from embarrassment if I were in public without lip gloss. However I always keep a compass in my purse and band-aids, wound cleanser and hand sanitizer are always on hand. The point being, I like to be prepared. I do feel a bit better knowing that when I travel, eye shadow and mascara are available for those moments when I want them.


Some days, I find myself called upon to pack in a rush. Often times, toiletries are the last to get packed. The essentials, ie. deodorant, moisturizer, etc, are as important to me as socks. However, makeup, although great, is never super high on my list. If I'm pressed for time, cosmetics tend to get left behind. So, I've thrown together a makeup bag that I can grab in a hurry. If I grab a container of foundation and this bag, I'm totally covered. This bag contains very inexpensive drugstore makeup that I purchased on clearance after Christmas. The contents of this bag cost me around $10.00. The reason being that, since this is an emergency bag, I don't see the sense in investing a lot of money in it. The products actually work great and should the bag get lost in my travels, it's not a big loss.

Here is a peek into the bag-



I have a bit of everything and most of it is sorted into smaller snack bags. There is also a lip palette, and eye shadow palette, a mineral powder brush, an eye shadow brush, lip balm and a compact mirror.


 The front of this bag shows L'oreal face primer, Elf eye primer, Elf liquid highlighter and a small powder brush.


The back of the bag shows powder Hard Candy highlighter, Wet n' Wild blush and Elf setting powder.


The front of this bag shows two small elf eye shadows in Luxe and Day-2-Night, Elf liquid eyeliner pen and Wet n' Wild eyeliner (both eyeliners are black).

The back of this bag shows more brushes, Elf concealer and Elf mascara.

A number of these items, including the Elf Geometric eye shadow palette came in gift sets which were marked down to $1.50. Other Elf items were $1.00. Other items, like the Wet n' Wild items came in another gift set. The day or a week after a holiday like Halloween or Christmas are great times to get inexpensive makeup. If you're interested in making an emergency makeup kit, go to the drugstore and the dollar store after the New Year and you'll be able to find most of what you need for a very small investment.

So, now when I have to pack in a hurry, I never give this part of my packing process a second thought. Now, more holidays are approaching and I'm plotting out what I'm going to do. I'm hoping to post daily in December. This will take some serious planning, and I hope it works out. I'll keep you updated on the process. Until next time~ Toodahloo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I Hosted a Tryazon Party Featuring Wiley Wallaby Licorice

  Before I begin writing about my party experience I want to first disclose a few things. First, I was not paid by Wiley Wallaby or Tryazon ...